For those of you who don't know, I recently attended a class about how to shop with coupons and use the free website grocerysmarts.com. I have ordered my newspapers and have been waiting for them to come so I could start using the coupons, but I could not pass up the mix & match sale going on at Smith's. So below is a picture of what I got.
5 Boxes of Kellogg's Cereal
6 Packages of Pasta
3 Colgate Toothpastes
4 Toothbrushes
3 Boxes Betty Crocker Potatoes
2 Land O' Lakes Butter Spread
4 Kroger Ice Cream Pints
1 Box of Girl Stuff
1 Bottle Laundry Detergent
1 24 Pack of Snack Pack Pudding
I used 2 $.40 coupons for 2 of the potatoes
and 2 $.55 coupons for the Butter Spread, I printed all 4 of these coupons off the internet that was a link from grocery smarts.
I got the Garnier hair products at Walgreen's for $.99 each.
Total spent at Smith's: $31.90
Total Saved at Smith's: $35.60
Total Spent at Walgreen's: $4.78
Total Saved at Walgreen's: $11.02
The totals at Smith's would have been even less if I had my coupons from the newspapers already, but I still got all of this for a steal, so I was on cloud 9. It was my first try at this and it was so easy! All it takes is a little preparation before hand. This is going to save us so much money a month and help us build our food storage very quickly.
The sale at Smith's is they have a ton of items where you can buy any 10 items and get $5 off instantly at check out. It is a maximum of 3 $5 off coupons or 30 items per transaction. I only got the 30 items, so I only had to do one transaction, and I got $15 off plus a couple coupons I had and Fresh Value Savings. This is and excellent sale, but it ends this week, so hurry if you are going to go.
If you are interested in finding out how to do this, check out this website: www.asweetsale.blogspot.com, and this one: www.grocerysmarts.com
Use the passport- g84ckv to login grocery smarts.
The blog address is the blog of the lady who taught the class I went to. The website might be a little confusing if you have never gone to a class, but she teaches the classes for free, and all her contact info is on her blog. Her name is Ku'uipo and she is so nice. We had her come do the class for us for an enrichment night at my in-laws ward. Trust me it's worth it!!!
She has a special deal with Standard Examiner where you can get 5 Sunday papers, plus your daily paper each week for $18.99 a month. I was a little reluctant to make another monthly payment at first, but I paid for the 1st 2 months of papers with my first shopping trip. Anyway, all of her info is on her blog and she would be happy to help you. I'm so grateful I have learned how to do this, and I can't wait to see how much we will save when I start building up my coupons. I just wanted to share.
7 years ago

1 comments:
Kanion......that is AWESOME. I still want you to come over and explain this thing to me. Coul and I kust signed up for this food co-op thing to support local farmers and for 24 dollars you get.
2- 8oz Sirloin Steaks
4- 5oz Pork Chops
2 lb. Chicken legs and Thighs
1 lb. Lean ground Beef
Fresh Fruit (3 Varieties)
Fresh Vegetables (3 Varieties)
Wheat Bread
16 oz. Rice
We were stoked to get this and are going to try it out this next week. Who knows maybe with the two we could be saving some serious money. Sorry about tonight we didn't get back from shopping until like 6:45 so then we started the birthday party and it just ran to late! Next weekend though!!!! Love you guys
Post a Comment