Well, just wanted to let everyone know that my grandpa passed away on Sunday night. It was hard to let him go, but it was peaceful and it was what he wanted. He was surrounded by all his family who was able to be there and just sort of fell asleep and quite breathing. He has wanted this for a long time so I am happy that he is able to be with my grandma now. He has missed her so much for the past 5 1/2 years since she died, and none of us thought he would hang on this long. He kept his sense of humor up until the last minute he was awake, which is something I will always remember and cherish about my grandpa. He had the best sense of humor. I was taking care of him over the weekend and he was seeing things that were not there and he kept trying to get out of his chair, which I of course would not let him, because he couldn't walk. This was frustrating him so he asked me if I've ever considered a career as a warden. I just laughed. Another classic example of grandpa's humor. We all love him and will miss him dearly. He was such a great man. I'm glad I have a testimony and know where he is. My grandmother welcomed him with open arms and so did his Father in Heaven. He will be missed. We love you grandpa dan! Anyone who would like to come to the viewing or funeral they will be held as follows:
Viewing- 6pm to 8pm Friday, Dec 10th and Funeral- 2pm on Saturday, Dec 11th both at the North Ogden Lindquist Mortuary on Washington Blvd.
7 years ago

2 comments:
I LOVE you lady!!
hey i'm soooo sorry to hear of your loss! :( but the warden comment did totally crack me up! hahaha! i hope he is happier to be with his wifey :D
Post a Comment